Certification of equipment
The equipment certification is geared toward the following goals:
- formal admission of equipment offered in the market to use by electric grid facilities in construction, re-equipment, rehabilitation and maintenance;
- prevention of supplies to electric grid facilities of any equipment not complying with the requirements of standards, corporate regulatory and technical documentation and the conditions of use;
- mitigation of the risk of financial losses caused by technological failures and inefficient equipment functioning.
The equipment, technologies and materials of Rosseti are certified by JSC R&D Center for Power Engineering and JSC IDGC R&D Engineering Center.
Equipment is certified in the following cases:
- all uncertified types of equipment;
- if equipment is manufactured abroad;
- upon expiration of the certification commission’s report or other document proving the possibility of equipment use by electric grid facilities;
- whenever the manufacturer makes structural, functional or other changes to certified equipment prior to the expiration of the certification commission’s report;
- if any drawbacks or defects are revealed in the operation of certified equipment.
The following equipment is subject to certification:
- high-, medium- and low-voltage equipment of substations and transmission lines;
- control gear, relay protection and automation equipment, emergency control automatics;
- communication tools;
- telecontrols, process control system;
- data measurement and control sets;
- dispatching administration and process control tools;
- control, measurement and monitoring aids;
- electricity billing metering systems;
- applied software solutions;
- technologies and materials used for the maintenance and repair of the equipment of substations and overhead transmission line components.