He was born on November 16, 1960.
He graduated from Norilsk Industrial Institute with highest honors, majoring in “Industrial and civil construction”.
Candidate of Science (Economics).
In 1984 he started his professional career as a foreman in the Construction and Building Department of the shaft-sinking trust company of Norilsk Nickel. Then he became deputy head of the Production Department of the Construction and Building Department Association "Norilskstroy". In 1995 he was appointed deputy general director of Norilsk Nickel.
From 2000 - Norilsk mayor, from 2003 - governor of Taymyr (Dolgan-Nenets) Autonomous Region.
On October 27, 2009 at the extraordinary general meeting of shareholders he was elected Chairman of the Management Board of JSC “FGC UES”.
In June 2013 he was elected Director General of Public Joint Stock Company “ROSSETI”.
He is a member of the Russian Presidential Commission for Strategic Development of the Fuel and Energy Sector and Environmental Security.
He has a number of national and industrial awards.
At present, he also holds the following positions:
- Chairman of the Board of Directors:
- FGC UES, PJSC;
- PJSC MOESK;
- PJSC LENENERGO.
- Member of the Supervisory Board:
- Russian Regional Development Bank;
- North-Caucasus Federal University.
- Chairman of the Supervisory Board, Association of Solar Energy Enterprises Nonprofit Partnership.
- Member of the Board of Trustees, member of the Scientific Council, Moscow Power Engineering Institute (National Research University).
- Member of the Board and Vice President for Environmental Issues, Association of Polar Explorers.
- Member of the Board of Trustees, Mariinsky Theatre.
- Vice-Chairman of the Global Energy Interconnection Development and Cooperation Organization (GEIDCO)
Stake held by the individual in the authorized capital of PJSC ROSSETI: 0.000561 %
Percentage of ordinary shares held by the individual in PJSC ROSSETI: 0.000567 %